Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to internet via PPPoE

I have purchased this new macbook pro from the mid 2012. I am having problem connecting to the internet through wired connection. The system information window shows ethernet connectivity on. Configuring the PPPoE service shows ethernet, network and isp settings on. but no internet service. The location is set to automatic. To confirm the i have connected it to my old macbook and it works perfectly fine. There is something that is not going right please help me get it working. Thank you for your advice.

Regards

Yash

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 2:12 AM

4 replies

Sep 7, 2013 3:39 AM in response to jason269

Hi Jason,

I have tried the procedure that you mentioned but end result is internet not connected. Is there a way that i can reset the network settings to the default state and then try it again? its been almost a month i am trying to get the PPPoE settings right to get my internet working. I tried replicate the internet settings of my older macbook onto the newer macbook pro but still the same. I am ****** off on this because of this i cannot partition my mac for windows.

Please help me.

Sep 7, 2013 12:01 PM in response to yash panchal

With Finder active, hold the Option key down and click on the Go menu. Select Library from the drop down.

Open the Library folder and look for Preferences. Open that folder and scroll through the contents to find this file: com.apple.NetworkUtility.plist

Trash the file and restart.

Now go to System Preferences / Network, and enter the settings you have on the older Macbook.

Cannot connect to internet via PPPoE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.