Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp on Thunderbolt SSD drive fails

iMac 27 2011 with latest Lion installed

I switched a while ago to ssd using thunderbolt because the intern hd was waayy to slow. For this i'm using 256gb samsung SSD via Thunderbolt cable (Seagate goflex). So far it works fantastic for my purposes. I also have a bootcamp partition (on the 1TB disk) installed to play games. Because the performance of it ***** bigtime (again the 1TB hd) i thought installing bootcamp on the SSD drive instead of the 1TB disk.

Thus i removed bootcamp from HD, unmounted the HD drive so bootcamp cant find it. After this i keep getting that the SSD disk isnt journaled (it is). Made some searches via google but coulndt find the right answer.

So my question.. Is it possible to install Windows (via bootcamp) on the same SSD disk which is connected via Thunderbolt and being used as my main OS.

Thanks!

ps. in the screenshot the SSD drive has 2 partitions, i made this by connecting the ssd thunderbolt to my macbook pro and using disk utility

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 3:14 AM

1 reply

Bootcamp on Thunderbolt SSD drive fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.