Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving notes by ticks in piano roll not working in Logic X - is just me?

Anther problem in Logic X - I'm used to being able to grab a note in the Piano Editor and move it by one tick at a time by holding down control and shift at the same time. It says in the manual that this should still be the case in Logic X but for me it isn't working - when I try this the notes don't move at all. I can zoom in so much the resolution goes to ticks with just control but this would drive any reasonable person insane after awhile.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could try this and let me know if they have the same issue or if it's just me again like the Drum Designer problem I was going on about in another thread.

Thanks in advance

Logic Pro X

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 3:58 AM

32 replies

Sep 15, 2013 2:51 AM in response to Tony White

Hi Tony,

it's possible, but a little bit different (I've tried with drag and hold down control which didn't work for me too):

User uploaded file

Just activate the nudge tool in the toolbar (see above - it's german language). And with the two arrows left and right you can move the note with the value you can choose from the flip menu in the middle.

Cheers,

Michael

Sep 15, 2013 5:35 AM in response to emagic666

Thanks Michael - yes that's exactly what I've been doing. I looked at the manual though and it does say the old control/shift thing should still be there so I'm thinking it must be a bug. Interesting that you have the same issue. I've been discovering a few actually. For example in previous logic versions you could alt-click on the arrows in the audio bin to open or close all the overviews simutlaneously but that no longer works either.

Anyway - thanks again.

Sep 15, 2013 10:04 AM in response to emagic666

It helps a lot to know that someone else has the sync problem with Drum Designer Michael - thanks for letting me know. I started a topic here before and someone else said there's was working fine which makes it even more mysterious. Now I know you have the problem too I can start telling Apple about it - I suppose it will get sorted out eventually. If anyone else reading this has the same problem it would be interesting to here about it.

Cheers

Tony

Sep 15, 2013 12:18 PM in response to Tony White

re: Drum designer playing out of time in Low Latency Mode.

If this is happening is means DD does not have active delay compensation. Low Latency Mode is designed for one thing only, to reduce the input latency when playing a virtual instrument, specifically input latency caused by plugins that need time to do their work, like multiband compressors...etc. Plugins that are affected by low latency mode are temporarily taken out of the signal path, they change color in the mixer. LLM should only be active while recording, not on playback.

Curious as to your "Plug-in-Delay Compensation" settings.

Sep 15, 2013 12:34 PM in response to Pancenter

We've already been through this Pancenter - there is definitely somthing wrong in relation to Drum Designer. If low latency mode is on and delay compensation is on it plays ahead of the beat. Curiously if delay compensation is off it plays in time in low latencey mode but plays late when in playback mode. This isn't happening with any other plug-ins including hungry third party ones.

Sep 15, 2013 1:09 PM in response to Tony White

Low Latency Mode checkbox and Limit slider: You need to select the Low Latency Mode checkbox in order to turn on Low Latency mode and use the Limit slider. The Limit slider lets you determine a maximum amount of allowable delay that can be caused by plug-ins when Low Latency mode is turned on (by clicking the Low Latency Mode button in the control bar). In Low Latency mode, plug-ins are bypassed to ensure that all delays (across the entire signal flow of the current track) remain under the Limit slider value. This is useful when you want to play a software instrument with several latency-inducing plug-ins inserted in the channel.

Everything playing in sync is actually not the purpose of Low Latency Mode. The problem shouldn't be there in the first place and Low Latency mode is not a general function used all the time, it has a specific and limited purpose.

I'll be able to check this in a couple of days as I have a client I'm going to be helping with LX.

Moving notes by ticks in piano roll not working in Logic X - is just me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.