Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2012 iMac is on acid

I have an Nikon D7000, the D7000 is in the supported list of cameras [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5371[/url]

I had no problem viewing .NEF images until Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.06. After this update if I set a .NEF image as my desktop picture and restart my mac, when it reloads my desktop wallpaper becomes pixelated. This was annoying but could be fixed by setting a new image as my desktop wallpaper.

However since the latest Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.08 the problem gets a lot worse. Now the image doesn't become pixelated as before but the colours become weird like my make on an acid trip. [look at attached images]

The problem has also escalated for just the desktop background to preview as well. The thumb nails in finder are still fine its just when i open they in preview they get all messed up.

[The original.NEF image opened in ViewNX 2]

User uploaded file

[The original .NEF image looks like when I opened in preview]

User uploaded file

Any help or suggestions to sort this out would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 8:32 AM

Yep since 4.08 some users are seeing bad results especially with some Nikon cameras. With a bug this bad it would seem that Apple would be working on a quick release of 4.09.

In the meantime it is possible to role your system back to 4.07. Have a look at this post in the Aperture list all pictures are turning red in my library among others.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2013 8:32 AM in response to smoge

Yep since 4.08 some users are seeing bad results especially with some Nikon cameras. With a bug this bad it would seem that Apple would be working on a quick release of 4.09.

In the meantime it is possible to role your system back to 4.07. Have a look at this post in the Aperture list all pictures are turning red in my library among others.

My 2012 iMac is on acid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.