Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime 7 pro. Unable to register as registration button does nothing.

I want to upgrade to QT7 pro but i try to register and get nowhere. I click Preferences>Registration but nothing happens.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 7:36 AM

17 replies

Aug 31, 2013 12:49 PM in response to baltwo

Thanks for that, but been there, done that. I have reinstalled qt7 on my MBP and still have the same issue. I also have a mini that seems to want to join in the fun.

So here's the scenario. I have QT7. I have a code. I click the drop down and try to select register. IT DOES NOTHING! No little pop up windows to put my code into, no helpful links. NOTHING!

Apr 20, 2014 6:33 PM in response to Lee.e

Must be a mountain lion quirk. Not seen any forum threads on it though.

No, it's not an issue with SL, Lion, ML, or Mavericks. I have Quicktime Pro registered to all of these versions.

It's not seen in other forum threads because it's not a problem.

After you enter the Registration Code, just press Tab, don't press Enter first.

Apr 21, 2014 12:28 PM in response to baltwo

Even more interesting. The link I posted for Lee.e is the same download I used for Mavericks. And yet the version doesn't match either yours, or Lanny's exactly.

User uploaded file

I should say that's the link I used over a year ago and had stored away on an external drive. Has Apple been quietly updating the same linked file? Everything about Lanny's and my screen shot is the same except his says 1710, and mine says 1709. Hmm.

Quicktime 7 pro. Unable to register as registration button does nothing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.