Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I renew the expired com.apple.servermgrd certificate

Hello community,

the com.apple.servermgrd on our server will expire soon. So I tried to fix the upcomming problem by changing the certificate in the com.apple.servermgrd-identity. But that wasn't helpful. The server slowed down dramaticly. The Phyton-process became around 5GB big. So I made a "rollback".

So the question is:

how can I renew the expired com.apple.servermgrd certificate (self-signed root-certificate)

Thanks a lot.

greetings from germany

Michael

iMac; MacMini Server, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 9:18 AM

2 replies

Aug 31, 2013 10:28 AM in response to cabi_net

Here's the old Apple tech note on this topic (HT3930) for 10.6 Server; managing the com.apple.servermgrd identity preference. Usually, generate a new certificate and locate it in the system keychain and mark it as trusted, usually with the use of the Certificate Assistant tool, and marked as trusted with the Keychain Access tool.

Oct 8, 2014 9:03 AM in response to cabi_net

Hi Michael,

I had the same problem, and this worked for me. Be sure to take backups of everything before trying this.

*If open on the server, quit Server.app.

*Open Keychain Access, delete the com.apple.servermgrd certificate and identity preference item. You will need to provide administrator credentials several times for this to happen.

*As mentioned in http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3930 run 'sudo killall servermgrd' from Terminal. You will need to provide an administrator password.

*Open Server.app. It should give an error about an unknown certificate. Inspect the certificate, and you should see that the expiration date is one year into the future. Be sure to click on the check box to Trust the Certificate.

Hope this helps,

Charles

how can I renew the expired com.apple.servermgrd certificate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.