Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was texting someone and they have there read receipts on, and it says it was delivered but not read. Why is that and it still says delivered a few days later but they have not read it yet?

I was texting someone and they have there read receipts on, and it says it was delivered but not read. Why is that and it still says delivered a few days later but they have not read it yet?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 5:34 PM

Im not sure but I sent a message she read it and replied and I sent another message to reply and she didn't read it but it says delivered, and even a few days later it say delivered but she has not read it

6 replies

Sep 1, 2013 3:31 PM in response to Rcon123

They were sent. That's what "Delivered" means. The fact that it hasn't changed to "Read" means they have have it on their device but have not looked at it yet. Or, person may also have turned off the option to show that they have read the message. I keep that option off on my phone so, if you were to send me a message, you would never see it change to "Read".

Have you spoken to this person and verified that they have read the text and that there is an error? Or are you just assuming that they have read it? In all likelihood, it means exactly what it seems to: they haven't read your text yet.

Note: If they read the message in the Notification Center but never opened the Messages app, they would know the contents of the message (assuming it wasn't too long) but it wouldn't show as read.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.