Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro bluetooth cutting out

I have Bose Soundlink Wireless Mobile Speaker (bluetooth) connected to my 15" MacBook Pro Retina iTunes 11.0.5. I am also using bluetooth Apple Mighty mouse connected. The music is cutting off for less than a second periodically like every 10-15 seconds when I play music and listen via Bose SoundLink. I also noticed the warning from my computer that I lost my mouse connection and it reconnect. Does any one have the same issue? And deos any one figuered out what's going on? Is it a glitch in the OS 10.8.4?

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2017 4:33 PM

Exactly as Barry said... try resetting the SMC. As soon as I did this, the RSSI of the speaker increased significantly and any of the interrupting connectivity issues with the speaker disappeared. Other websites suggest messing with the command line with the following code: this is something I tried before resetting the SMC - so I'm not 100% confident which was the one that worked.

I used this code in the terminal app (courtesy of Pierce from apple.stackexchange.com)

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Max (editable)" 80 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" 48
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool (editable)" 40
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool Min (editable)" 40
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool" 58
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Max" 58
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Min" 48

And followed it up with this command to make sure the settings were implemented:

sudo killall bluetoothaudiod

And then did a full shut down and start up sequence on my 13-Inch Mid 2012 Macbook Pro

To perform a SMC restart:

1. Shut down your Macbook

2. Once off, disconnect your charger

3. Simultaneously hold down shift+control+option/alt AND the power button for 10 seconds. Release all buttons.

4. Reconnect your charger. (The Macbook will start up)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2017 4:33 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

Exactly as Barry said... try resetting the SMC. As soon as I did this, the RSSI of the speaker increased significantly and any of the interrupting connectivity issues with the speaker disappeared. Other websites suggest messing with the command line with the following code: this is something I tried before resetting the SMC - so I'm not 100% confident which was the one that worked.

I used this code in the terminal app (courtesy of Pierce from apple.stackexchange.com)

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Max (editable)" 80 
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" 48
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool (editable)" 40
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Initial Bitpool Min (editable)" 40
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool" 58
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Max" 58
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Negotiated Bitpool Min" 48

And followed it up with this command to make sure the settings were implemented:

sudo killall bluetoothaudiod

And then did a full shut down and start up sequence on my 13-Inch Mid 2012 Macbook Pro

To perform a SMC restart:

1. Shut down your Macbook

2. Once off, disconnect your charger

3. Simultaneously hold down shift+control+option/alt AND the power button for 10 seconds. Release all buttons.

4. Reconnect your charger. (The Macbook will start up)

macbook pro bluetooth cutting out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.