Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to transfer my stolen ipad information back to mac or iphone if possible

To whom it may concern;

My ipad2 Wi-Fi 64GB White was stolen from my car 2 days ago. How can I track my ipad? Is there a way to disable my ipad2 ? Is there a way to transfer all my information to my mac from my ipad? Who do I report it lost if someone comes in to sell my ipad? My cover was purple and white ipad color background.

I tried to locate how to track my ipad but I have been unsuccessful lately. Only shows where to find my iphone, but couldnt find how to find my ipad.

I hope the staff could help me recover my information or freeze my ipad information, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to review my issues. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Gayle

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, serial No. DLXGG397DKPK Model A1395

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 9:45 AM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2013 9:57 AM in response to gayle220

In order for a lost iPad to be located you have to have set 'Find My iPad' up on it before losing it, and it has to be on, not wiped, and able to connect to a network (how else could it transmit its location) - if any of these conditions is not true then locating it is not possible. You can't use the serial number, or IMEI number (on iPads with a cellular connection) to locate an iPad: the former is only useful to identify it as yours if it turns up, and the latter can be used by most service providers to block it, rendering it useless and preventing anyone from spending your credit. Similarly you can't lock it unless you had set up 'Find My iPad'.

You should report the theft to the police and get paperwork from them for your insurance company. Give them the serial number.

Data on the iPad which was with iCloud, such as contacts, calendars and email, will still be on iCloud and so available to your other devices, but you should change your password immediately to prevent the thief from accessing your account.

I need to transfer my stolen ipad information back to mac or iphone if possible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.