Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 always has wifi issues at home

I have been having this issue on several different iPhone 5 devices and two different Airport Extreme (5th and now 6th gen).

I constantly have to go into the settigns and set the iPhone into airplane mode and toggle it back off. It's the same as me turning off wifi and then turning it back on. This ALWAYS fixes the issue until it happens again. This isn't a range issue, I can be standing right next to the router and still it won't load anything until I "reset" the connection. It will work for some time until it does it again. Turn wifi off, back on and I'm back again. You get the picture.

Here's the thing. I have 4 iPads, 2 laptops and other wifi devices in the home that have zero issues like this. It's only with the iPhone 5's in the household. At work, I don't experience this issue. I'm thinking maybe there's something going on between the iPhone 5's and the Airport Extreme routers? Is there any documented information on this? Anyone else experiencing this and how can I resolve it besides just hoping this issue is fixed with the next iPhone? I remember my iPhone 4S was doing something similar. I thing it all started with iOS 6.

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 12:02 PM

2 replies

Sep 2, 2013 8:12 AM in response to LOLuMad

Hello LOLuMad,

You may need to reset the iPhone's network settings.

Wi-Fi disconnects, or signal strength is less than expected

• Move closer to the Wi-Fi router (access point).
  • Check for sources of potential interference.
  • Remove any case, stand, or other accessories from your iOS device and see if signal strength improves.
  • Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Note: This will reset all network settings including: previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords, recently used Bluetooth accessories, VPN and APN settings.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

Cheers,

Allen

iPhone 5 always has wifi issues at home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.