Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 11 crashes when accessing the itunes store

When I upgraded to iTunes 11, it started crashed every time I accessed the iTunes Store. After doing some searching, I decided to try resetting TCPIP on my Windows 8 PC. Right after I did that, iTunes started accessing the iTunes Store immediately up startup, so it crashed immediately. My fix was to uninstall everything Apple related and delete the plist preference files. I also moved my library to a NAS device (not sure if that was necessary or not but at this point I'm scared to move it back). Then I restarted and installed iTunes 10.7. I had to recreate may library and I don't have any playlists (but I assume I can import them back in). In this whole process when I tried to log in to this community site I found out that I needed to update my password. Not sure if that was related or not. Also, I tried going back to version 11 and it started crashing immediately, so I went back through the steps and 10.7 is working. I haven't tried to access the iTunes store yet, though.

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 12:07 PM

58 replies

Sep 25, 2013 3:46 PM in response to DonInDassel

OK. I went to version 11 again and my crashing problem returned. iTunes crashes immediately when it opens. I turned off my wireless connection and restarted iTunes. It gave me an error that it couldn't connect to the store twice (even though I wasn't trying to browse the store). After that, it worked fine. So, now I can at least use iTunes without it crashing. If I try to go to the store, it crashes again. So, I'm making progress. There must be something between Windows 8 and iTunes 11 that causes issues. It worked fine on this laptop after I did the update while I was at work today, but doesn't work at home, so I'm wondering if this has something to do with profiles. I'm pretty sure it isn't my firewall, but it could have something to do with my user profile or Windows security settings that change when I am at home versus when I'm at work.

Nov 10, 2013 7:40 PM in response to Chrissy18_T

Chrissy18_T wrote:

Erh, just one problem there... I have the very same problem on my Windows 8 64 bit pc, so I searched for the folder and the file I had to copy to iTunes, but I can't find it anywhere on my computer, so what do I do? I'm really confused and completely lost.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Open up the File folder, click on your hard drive file, and then follow the rest! It helped me! I have a Sony Vaio Windows 8 64-bit, and it solved it for me, I've been struggling for about a week! I even uninstalled everything, like they said on other forums.

itunes 11 crashes when accessing the itunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.