Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BootCamp Windows 7 Help

Hello I have the macbook air 2012 mid model. I recently installed windows 7 32 Bit via bootcamp and everything went perfectly. I then proceeded to install the bootcamp support 4 which is compatible with Windows 7 32 Bit. But though the installation goes through the drivers are not installed properly i think. There is no sound and the resolution/graphics are terrible. Do you know what might have went wrong? I can connect to the internet though which some other users weren't able to.

MBA 2012 Mid Windows 7 32 Bit

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 1:43 PM

3 replies

Aug 31, 2013 2:05 PM in response to Hassaan-w

Step 4: Install the Boot Camp Drivers for Windows

1. After installing Windows, install Mac-specific drivers and other software for Windows using your Mac OS X installation disc.The Mac OS X disc installs drivers to support Mac components, including AirPort,built-in iSight camera, the Apple Remote, the trackpad on a portable Mac, and the function keys on an Apple keyboard.The Mac OS X disc also installs the Boot Camp control panel for Windows and theApple Boot Camp system tray item.To install the Boot Camp drivers:
    1. 1 Eject the Windows installation disc.
    2. 2 Insert the Mac OS X disc.If the installer doesn’t start automatically, browse the disc using Windows Explorerand double-click the setup.exe file in the Boot Camp directory.
    3. 3 Follow the onscreen instructions.
      If a message appears that says the software you’re installing has not passed Windows
      Logo testing, click Continue Anyway.Windows that appear only briefly during the installation don’t require your input.

If nothing appears to be happening, there may be a hidden window that you mustrespond to. Check the taskbar and look behind open windows.

Important: Do not click the Cancel button in any of the installer dialogs.

1. 4 After your computer restarts, follow the instructions in the Found New HardwareWizard to update your software drivers (Windows XP only).
  2. 5 Follow the instructions for any other wizards that appear.
  3. 6 Check for updated Boot Camp drivers by using Apple Software Update or going to www.apple.com/support/bootcamp.

4. If You Have Problems Installing the Device DriversIf it appears that the Boot Camp drivers weren’t successfully installed, try repairing them.To repair Boot Camp drivers:
  1. 1 Start up your computer in Windows.
  2. 2 Insert your Mac OS X installation disc.
  3. 3 If the installer doesn’t start automatically, browse the disc using Windows Explorerand double-click the setup.exe file in the Boot Camp directory.
  4. 4 Click Repair and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If a message appears that says the software you’re installing has not passed Windows
    Logo testing, click Continue Anyway.If you need to reinstall specific drivers, you can install one driver at a time. For example,if your built-in iSight camera isn’t working, you can reinstall just the iSight driver.Individual drivers are in the Drivers folder on the Mac OS X installation disc.To reinstall a specific driver:
  1. 1 Insert your Mac OS X installation disc.
  2. 2 Quit AutoRun if it opens.
  3. 3 Using Windows Explorer, locate the driver that you want to reinstall.
  4. 4 Open the driver to start the installation.
----------------------

Boot Camp Instructions for Installing Windows with Mountain Lion

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4166730

For more information about using Boot Camp, please visit www.apple.com/support/bootcamp

BootCamp Windows 7 Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.