Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to get pics off of an SD card. I plugged in the adapter into the USB port. Where do I go to download these pics onto my laptop?

I am trying to get pics off of an SD card. I plugged in the adapter into the USB port. Where do I go to download these pics onto my laptop?

Apple TV

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 2:29 PM

6 replies

Aug 31, 2013 3:08 PM in response to maryfromfort morgan

By default, the Mac OS does not show mounted drives. A very strange "default", if you ask me. Click on the desktop so that the title next to the Apple at the upper left says Finder. Then choose Finder > Preferences. Under the General tab, turn on all four check boxes under "Show these items on the desktop". If your SD card reader is already plugged in, it should now appear.

Aug 31, 2013 3:31 PM in response to maryfromfort morgan

Some USB card reader adaptors can be fussy. Unplug the adaptor. Remove the SD card and try seating it again, making sure it's all the way in. Plug it back into the Mac and see if it appears.

If it still doesn't work, it could be the reader. Especially if it's an older one. Depending on how long you've had it, older readers can't see an SD card above a given size. I had one that couldn't mount any card larger than 2 GB and had to get a new reader.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.