Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort Data Incorrect

Running the latest version of iTunes (11.0.5.5) on PC.

When I click on a track in my iTunes, often the track will change names and play a different track. When I click on "Get Info," these tracks now have incorrect Sort data of the track it's swapping with. So now when I search for these tracks, totally unrelated tracks are listed because the sort data is all jacked up.

Basically, my "Sort" fields in several tracks are incorrect (reference unrelated tracks) and it seems to be getting worse, when I click on random tracks to play their name changes and the Sort data gets screwy.

Here's an example:

http://i.imgur.com/SrTg0ao.jpg

The track is from the movie "Black Hawk Down" but what I actually clicked was an track from the Sacred World album - i tunes played the Black Hawk Down song and apparently updated it's Sort information...

All I want is for the Sort data to either 1) be correct or 2) just get rid of it all together. Alternatively, I wouldn't even mind having iTunes re-scan my library and update all the metadata. Any ideas?

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 6:32 PM

2 replies

Sep 3, 2013 8:56 AM in response to cisaza

Sounds as if some corruption of the iTunes database has occured. If you have a complete pre-problem backupof your library you could restore that. On the assumption that isn't possibleI have a script called ExportImport that could in principle be adjusted to save the relevant data from a backup of the library database and then reimport that data into the current library. See this thread for details.

tt2

Sort Data Incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.