Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air 2013 WiFi issue on Windows 7 x64

Hello, There is problems related to WiFi with macbook air 2013 and windows 7 x64 via bootcamp.

Problem appears when firstly booting mountain lion then if i choose restart>keep alt option>choose windows> WiFi adapter dead.

If i shutdown MBA, choose firstly windows, no issues with WiFi.

Also at bootcamp support site http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1638 at system requirements macbook air 2013 isn't listed. So maybe new macbook air isn't fully supported by bootcamp drivers? any thoughts?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 11:37 PM

8 replies

Sep 29, 2013 10:22 AM in response to EdgaBimbam

Had the same problem. From doing a few hours of research it appears as though the bootcamp support packages Apple has out are not up to date for the new wifi Broadcom cards. Make a long story shot, I did some Hardware ID vendor searches and found out that a recent ASUS windows machine carries the same Broadcom AC 5G chip. I grabbed the driver, installed it (device manager picked up the unknown device). I did a full power cycle (shut off the machine for a while), rebooted and bam, internetz.

Here's what you need to search: ASUS PCE-AC66 802.11ac Network Adapter.

http://www.wireless-driver.com/asus-pce-ac66-adapter-win7-driver-ver6309526/

Good luck and let me know if you're still experiencing problems.

Nov 17, 2013 10:26 PM in response to EdgaBimbam

Non of the suggestions above worked on my MBA 2013 Bootcamp 5 with windows 7 64 bit, Wifi was still unstable and could maximum be connected for 1 minute. Irritating. This is what worked for me, no problems since:

1. Connect to your wifi network.

2. Right click you network name in the taskbar and go to Properties.

3. In the Window that appears, go to the Security tab and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. In 802.11 settings, enable Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) compliance for this network.

Voila!

Feb 13, 2014 11:37 AM in response to EdgaBimbam

I had the same problem...spent hours on different solutions. Turns out that the fix for me was simple but obvious. I logged into my wifi router and changed the channel from Auto to a specific channel. I chose channel 7. As soon as I did that, all intermittent behavior and dropped wireless stopped immediately. Very stable connection now. Hope that helps!

Macbook air 2013 WiFi issue on Windows 7 x64

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.