Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.0.5.5 Home Sharing not working between Win7 & Win8

So... I just got a new laptop and I'm transferring everything over, the last thing I have to transfer is my iTunes library. I have all the 'physical' files for the music, but I'd rather use Home Sharing to save me importing time and 'trouble.'

My new laptop has Win8, whereas my old one has Win7. I'm currently running iTunes 11.0.5.5 on both machines. I've also made sure that Bonjour is set to run on start-up. My TCP/IPv6 is set to V4.0 instead of V6.0 on both machines.

Not sure what else to do, because I can 'transfer' music from my Win8 to my Win7 - it recognizes there's no music - but from my Win7 to my Win8, it 'loads' for about a minute then stops and goes to the 'Music' tab.

Thanks in advance!

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 6:20 AM

2 replies

iTunes 11.0.5.5 Home Sharing not working between Win7 & Win8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.