Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad is disabled and it doesnt let me connect to itunes??

hello i have a ipad 2 and its disabled i tried connecting it to itunes and when i do it says that the ipad has a passcode and i have to enter is . but how if my ipad is disabled i dont know what i have to do to get it starting?

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 8:02 AM

1. Turn off iPad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, slide to turn off.

2. Connect USB cable to computer

3. Press and hold the Home button down and connect the docking end of cable to iPad

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect To iTune" screen

5. Release the Home button

6. Open iTune (make sure you have the newest version of iTune)

7. You should see "iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode"

8. Use iTune to restore iPad

Note: You need to be patient and repeat the above many times to recover your iPad. Data will be lost.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2013 8:02 AM in response to wilda42

1. Turn off iPad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, slide to turn off.

2. Connect USB cable to computer

3. Press and hold the Home button down and connect the docking end of cable to iPad

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect To iTune" screen

5. Release the Home button

6. Open iTune (make sure you have the newest version of iTune)

7. You should see "iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode"

8. Use iTune to restore iPad

Note: You need to be patient and repeat the above many times to recover your iPad. Data will be lost.

my ipad is disabled and it doesnt let me connect to itunes??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.