Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting error 9 every time try to restore iphone 5 crash on me tell me to go to itunes did it on a pc got error -1 so had a go on my mini mac get error 9 all the time

im update firmware for iphone 5 to 6.1.4 getting error 9 every time try to restore iphone 5 crash on me tell me to go to itunes did it on a pc got error -1 so had a go on my mini mac get error 9 all the time😠

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 9:06 AM

7 replies

Apr 19, 2014 7:38 AM in response to Tien Manh

I was having the same exact problem. My iPhone 5c had been restarting frequently and I have had to restore the software before. Woke up this morning to see iPhone in recovery mode. So I plugged it in to my mac to resotre it and I got error 9. Tried it a couple more times and kepy getting error 9. I tried different USB cables, different ports, tried to restore on my wife's Macbook Air. Nothing.

Finally, I read somewhere that popping the sim-card out with a paper clip and then inserting it back in solved a similar problem for another person. Tried it out and sure enough, my iPhone fully restored.

Might work for you?

Sep 1, 2013 2:08 PM in response to Tien Manh

This error occurs when the device unexpectedly loses its USB connection with iTunes. This can occur if the device is manually disconnected during the restore process. This issue can be resolved by performing USB troubleshooting, using a different USB dock-connector cable, trying another USB port, restoring on another computer, or by eliminating conflicts from third-party security software.

getting error 9 every time try to restore iphone 5 crash on me tell me to go to itunes did it on a pc got error -1 so had a go on my mini mac get error 9 all the time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.