Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no internet after wifi connect

In "settings" I see my Ipad 2 is connected with the right wifi, but I still can't use / getting no internet connection. No mail / no facebook etc. I follow the support in renewing net settings, but no change

Please can someone give me some advice to solve this problem?

Rob / Moonkite

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 12:18 PM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2013 8:04 AM in response to Moonkite

Hey Moonkite,

Thanks for the question. I understand you are able to connect to your Wi-Fi network, but cannot access the internet once connected. The following article provides troubleshooting steps for these exact symptoms:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

Unable to access the Internet while connected to Wi-Fi

- If you are using a public or commercial network that requires a login or subscription, see this article for more information.

- Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:

- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected. Then tap (>).

- If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, see this article.

- If you do not have a self-assigned IP address, see if other Wi-Fi devices on your network have Internet access.

- If they do not, consult with your network administrator or ISP for further assistance.

- If they do, reset network settings on your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Note: This will reset all network settings including: previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords, recently used Bluetooth accessories, VPN and APN settings.

Thanks,

Matt M.

no internet after wifi connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.