Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to rotate video downloaded for correct viewing?

I'm a newbie at videoing on my Canon PowerShot A1300 camera. I videoed the scenes in the portrait screen.

However, upon downloading the video into iPhoto [current version], it downloads it sideways. I selected the downloaded video icon and cose 'ROTATE', but unlike a photo, it did not rotate the screen resulting in one cannot view my video properly. I had made a special trip to a site to do this video with plans to mount it on a website. Unfortunately, unless I can rotate it to be viewed properly, it is of no use to me.

I need assistance on this incident. In other words, by videoing in portrait screen, does this affect the downloading in iPhoto? Or, is there another function I have to engage to have the video download properly for viewing.

If it is a matter of videoing incorrectly, I need to know because I am going to have to make a special trip to the site and redo it.

Many thanks! Appreciate all the assistance I can get to resolve this issue.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 12:25 PM

Use a video editor like iMovie or QuickTime - iPhoto does not have the capability to rotate vido

LN

4 replies

How to rotate video downloaded for correct viewing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.