Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Emails of Previously Added Accounts

Hello,

I have removed an email account of mine long time ago from Mail, however, I'm still getting the results of emails from that account in the Spotlight.

I tried to press the Option key when clicking at one of the emails, but the emails are automatically opening in Mail.

How can I find where they are located on my Mac to delete them all?

Thank you..

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), (9,2) 2.9GHz i7, 8GB, 480GB SSD

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 8:13 AM

Hello AMDeeb

What you are looking for is located in within your Library File. Go to ~/Library/Mail/V2 or when you are in Finder, you can hold the option key and click Go and you will see your Library folder.You will then see the accounts and can delete the email account that you need to get rid of. I would also at least back up the files before going through and deleting just in case.

OS X Mountain Lion: Important app files to back up

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10941

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

-Norm G.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2013 8:13 AM in response to AMDeeb

Hello AMDeeb

What you are looking for is located in within your Library File. Go to ~/Library/Mail/V2 or when you are in Finder, you can hold the option key and click Go and you will see your Library folder.You will then see the accounts and can delete the email account that you need to get rid of. I would also at least back up the files before going through and deleting just in case.

OS X Mountain Lion: Important app files to back up

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10941

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

-Norm G.

Deleting Emails of Previously Added Accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.