Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud won't turn off Safari Data on my iTouch

Hey all!

I haven't been able to add or delete Bookmarks in a while (although I haven't noticed until a few days ago). Every time I try to add or delete a Bookmark my iTouch tells me that my Bookmarks are syncing. So I'm not under the assumption that it has to do with Safari being turned on in iCloud. I have a Windows PC, and on the iCloud program I downloaded Bookmarks isn't checked.

When I go into Settings > iCloud and I turn Safari OFF, I get the option to either delete the Bookmarks or save them to my iTouch. I've tried both options and both just leave me with "Turning Off Safari Data" and the swirling 'loading' symbol. On my newest attempt, iCloud has been "Turning Off Safari Data" for over an hour!

Any ideas on what it going on or how to get me to be able to add or delete my Bookmarks?

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 5:01 PM

4 replies

Sep 4, 2013 6:38 AM in response to ignolamj

Hi ignolamj,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below may be able to help you with this issue.

Click on the link to see more details and screenshots.

iOS: Safari web settings

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677

Removing or clearing stored Safari content

• To clear your history from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History
  • To clear all cookies from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data
  • iOS 5 or later: To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data

Cheers,

- Judy

Jan 5, 2014 5:55 AM in response to judysings

I have the same problem.

Safari is locked.

In settings, selecting safari tab also locks everthing.

Try deleting Safari in Icloud- Everything locks up.

Its blocking my mail also.

I have tried various combinations of power down and button pressing as suggested elsewhere in forums, but nothing clears the problem.

Even tried to delete the ICloud account and guess what? You just get the whirligig signuntill you get fed up with waiting and switch it off.

Can somebody help?

iCloud won't turn off Safari Data on my iTouch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.