Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7.6.4 doesn't display wireless client names

Hi there,

Since upgrading my Airport Extreme to 7.6.4, the list of wireless clients attached displayed by the Airport Utility now only shows machine addresses. In prior versions the name of the attached clients was displayed, e.g. Peter's iPad, Peter's MacBook Pro, etc.

Is this a known issue? And is there anything I can do to get the wireless client names back?

Thanks,
Pete.

EDIT:

Don't worry - please ignore. I switched ISP at the same time and installed a new router. The Extreme is now in Bridge mode which I think might be causing this issue.

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Gen)

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 4:33 PM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2013 5:43 PM in response to diesel pete

Just in case it helps anyone else...

I had recently switched ISPs and the new cable modem assumed network routing, requiring the Apple Airport Extreme to work in bridge mode. In bridge mode, you can't see the names of the wireless clients attached and nor could Windows clients print to the device I had attached to the Extreme via the USB port (although the Macs still could).

I managed to work out how to switch the cable modem into bridge mode and put the Extreme back in control of my network, and now everything is sweet. So it wasn't related to 7.6.4 - I had updated the same day as the new cable modem was installed and blamed the wrong culprit.

7.6.4 doesn't display wireless client names

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.