Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does WaveBurner not name the audio files on the CD during burning?

Hi.

When importing a Waveburner burned CD into iTunes I get audio file 1,2,3 instead of the track titles.

How do I make WaveBurner name the audio files for each track the way they are listed in WaveBurners track list?

I checked the burn preference but could not find anything. Thank you for your help.

W.W.

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 5:55 PM

3 replies

Sep 2, 2013 12:26 AM in response to Walter Wedler

>>How Names Are Handled in WaveBurner

There are four name types in WaveBurner: the audio filename, region name, track name, and CD-Text track title name. You might expect a connection between the track title shown in the CD Tracks list and the Title field of the Inspector’s CD-Text window. These are separate entities, as you may want to use an alternate entry for CD-Text, which is shown on the displays of some CD players. As an example, you may wish to differentiate between a concert (live) version of a particular track, and the studio version.<<

Notice: .....some CD players......

Because sometime it works and sometime it doesn't.

Anyways you handle cd-text on the left side where all the mastering info goes.

Cheers!

Sep 2, 2013 9:04 AM in response to Walter Wedler

Walter Wedler wrote:

Like I said above I need the track-tile to match the audio file name after WaveBurner burned the CD.

W.W.

Walter, I totaly agree, but I'm afraid this idiosynchrasy is by design and since it is an EOL application we'll have to come to terms with this matter of fact.

I do at least, because I realy loathe all other available alternatives.

Have a nice day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.