Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been away for 2 weeks and a message appears on my iPad which is preventing me open my iPad. "iCloud backup. This iPad has not been backed up in 2 weeks. Backups happen when this iPad is plugged in, locked and connected to Wi-Fi" Help?

I have been away for 2 weeks and a message appears on my iPad which is preventing me open my iPad. "iCloud backup. This iPad has not been backed up in 2 weeks. Backups happen when this iPad is plugged in, locked and connected to Wi-Fi" Help?

What do I do to get rid of this message as it is preventing me accessing the iPad or closing it down?

Thanks

AndyNess59

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 10:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2013 10:59 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Hold Sleep and Home buttons for 10 seconds until your device restarts, so you will be able to use your device again. Finally, open Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup, and make a backup. The device will be backed up when it's plugged to the charger and connected to your network

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2013 10:59 PM in response to AndyNess59

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Hold Sleep and Home buttons for 10 seconds until your device restarts, so you will be able to use your device again. Finally, open Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup, and make a backup. The device will be backed up when it's plugged to the charger and connected to your network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.