Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the fill of a shape/text box to a picture?

Can i change the fill of a shape/text box or anything thats part of the templates to a picture? If yes, how?

Pages '09-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 3:50 AM

If the template has a placeholder image, you can drag and drop another image equal or larger in size onto that placeholder and it will be automatically resized to fit. Once you create a Text Box, or insert a shape, you can visit the Graphic Inspector and select Fill and then Image Fill. This will pop up a Finder window opened to your Pictures folder.

Select the image and press Open. You now have additional choices from the Scale to Fit and Stroke menus for the effect you seek.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2013 3:50 AM in response to jlqgroup

If the template has a placeholder image, you can drag and drop another image equal or larger in size onto that placeholder and it will be automatically resized to fit. Once you create a Text Box, or insert a shape, you can visit the Graphic Inspector and select Fill and then Image Fill. This will pop up a Finder window opened to your Pictures folder.

Select the image and press Open. You now have additional choices from the Scale to Fit and Stroke menus for the effect you seek.

How can I change the fill of a shape/text box to a picture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.