Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ical bug: updates to outlook events with iCloud sync do not work

I have a bug that needs to be submitted to Apple Developers. I am not sure that this is the correct forum, but here goes.

I have a calendar that syncs from my Mac to iCloud. If I get a calendar invite from someone using outlook, everything works fine. I accept the invite and it is added to ical (6) and syncs with the iCloud calendar.

Now if I get an update to the invite - especially a change of time, the local version on my mac updates to the changed event. Up to now everything is fine, but as soon as iCal syncs with iCloud, the iCloud server thinks that I am trying to change an event that someone else is the organiser of. It then disallows the update. This in turn pops an error up on my mac - 'The server responded: “403” to operation CalDAVWriteEntityQueueableOperation'.

I have looked for workarounds/fixes but believe that none exist and that this is a core bug with iCal/iCloud sync and the way it tries to prevent updates to meetings organised by another party.

iCloud-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), iCal 6.0

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 2:18 AM

3 replies

Sep 24, 2013 8:23 AM in response to vmepani

Hello vmepani

maybe I can suggest to you a way to circumvent the problem.

Why are you keeping a local Calendar copy under "my Mac"?

I do have my calendar shared through iCloud between my Mac Mountain Lion, the iPhone and the iPad (both alread IOS7) but don't need to keep any local copy of it in neither device. Anyway I'm able to see the calendar on each device even if I'm offline.

That's way I never had the problem you mentioned.

Not sure if this would work for you as well.

cheers

gg

Sep 24, 2013 8:29 AM in response to ggia

Sorry if I was not clear but the calendar is already on an iCloud account. I assume that internally there is a local cached calendar that syncs with iCal on iCloud otherwise you would not be able to perform any changes whilst off-line.

Hence I think that there is a problem when the local cache refreshes the iCloud data.

Oct 2, 2013 4:10 AM in response to vmepani

I am having the exact same issue. It's causing major issues and am thinking of switching to another calendar tool. I worked with Apple on this a few months ago and they suggested I only accept updated via my iPhone vs. my macbook pro. I am not always able to do this and so the problems persist. This bug is on Apple's radar; they claimed incompatibility to be the cause.

ical bug: updates to outlook events with iCloud sync do not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.