Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes wont let me buy music.

hey all

my itunes just keeps giving me the message "we could not complete your itunes store request. the network connection was reset. what does this mean? also i cant sign in on my phone either

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 7:28 AM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2013 6:51 AM in response to Garvie92

Hello there, Garvie92.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some troubleshooting step for the issue you, which are usually related to a connectivity issue:

Can't connect to the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1368

For Windows systems:

Troubleshooting on Windows

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store for more than a day —and other customers on our discussion boards aren't experiencing similar issues— a software or internet service provider (ISP) configuration issue may be blocking your access to the iTunes Store. Click here to find out which ports and servers need to be allowed for iTunes Store access.

• Update iTunes to the latest version.
  • If you have not done so already, try the steps in iTunes for Windows: iTunes Store connection troubleshootingto troubleshoot iTunes Store connectivity in Windows.
  • Firewall issues:
    • Windows XP: If you've upgraded to Windows XP Service Pack 2: By default, Windows Firewall is enabled. As with all firewalls not manufactured by Apple, you will need to configure Windows Firewall to allow iTunes to access the iTunes Store. To do so, see How to enable iTunes in the Windows XP Firewall.
    • Windows Vista and 7: As with all firewalls not manufactured by Apple, you will need to configure Windows Firewall to allow iTunes to access the iTunes Store. To do so see, the "Blocked by software firewall" section in this article.
  • Proxies can cause issues and should be avoided whenever possible. To disable the proxy built-in to Windows see, iTunes for Windows Can't access the Internet if proxy settings are incorrect.
  • If you are receiving a specific error message you may want to see, the "Specific Conditions and Alert Messages" section in this article as needed.
  • If the issue still persists, contact your internet service provider and confirm that the ports and servers in this article are enabled over your network.

The "hosts" file may be blocking the iTunes Store

If you're still not able to connect to the iTunes Store, your security software or firewall may be blocking the port iTunes uses to communicate with the Internet. For information about how to resolve this, see iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro D.

itunes wont let me buy music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.