Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no communication with a cd

The disc can’t be burned because because communication between the computer and the disc drive failed (error code 0x80020022).

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 7:22 AM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 3:13 AM in response to marixasoto

This error is still happening in Nov 2015.

I burned a CD using Finder on an iMac OS x 10.9.5 + Apple SuperDrive with no problem and then tried to make a second copy using a CD from the same batch got this error.

The disc can’t be burned because because communication between the computer and the disc drive failed (error code 0x80020022).

As the CD's are all from the same make/type/batch (and I tried a couple) this is difficult to understand as the OS software was not updates.

I see that someone else has had the same problem, making a few copies it worked fine and then repeatedly failed.

Looking at the history on this error is evident that this is something that has been happening for several years and it does not look as if there is a solution from Apple.

Can someone who knows what to do to get CD's burnt from Finder to work it would be good if Apple were to provide a solution. I will take me drive back for a replacement but not sure if this will fix the problem.

I feel left in the dark by Apple, if it is an operating system problem it should have been sorted and if the Apple SuperDrive should be recalled a long time ago.

no communication with a cd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.