Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac 2013 screen/pixel of previous displayed image/application

hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone got the same screen issue with the mac like i have?

if you stay on a page for a while, lets say iPhoto ...then when you change the page/application lets say to safari (bright background) i still can see some parts of iPhoto on the screen?!?!? not very clear just like long vertical lines of pixel.

i dont realy know how to explain this issue and hope that someone out there understand what i mean.

it seem's like that the previous image burns into the screen and stays there for a while.

the whole issue is that i dont wanne take it in for a check up to the local retail store. its just a computer store who's selling apple gear and i did had a very bad experience with them!! i live in a remote town and we don't have much choice of getting professional help.

if anyone knows what this screen issue is al about , or if i should take the mac to the store to get checked out please let me know.

I'm just s*&%t scared to go to this store!

thanks

Jonny B

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 8:06 AM

4 replies

Sep 2, 2013 4:00 PM in response to Jonny Broome

I am thinking Jonny is having the same issue as me. I have an iMac that just started with vertical lines too. They are worse if I shut down the vs sleep mode. As the computer warms up, they slowly fade away, but I still am left with 4 or 5 in various colors. The one in the very center of the screen is the most annoying. The others are on the left and one is on the right. I am unable to capture them with photo capture or screen shot, and they are visible in every application. (just less noticeable if the screens are white) Also I am unable to print them or capture with screen shots, luckily, they don't print... This is not a GPU problem.

If I am describing this correctly to you, then maybe you have the same problem as me, Mine is an LCD problem. I have talked with several people, most recently, last week to someone at Apple. I was told that they used to have a program to fix or replace iMacs with this issue FREE, if they had serial numbers that started with W8..... BUT, it expired in Spring of 2011. It was called EM80 maintenance.

He had me try a couple of different things one being something to do with video. But nothing has worked. Another computer tech advised me to NOT shut the iMac down as this is super hard on them. Sleep mode only and make sure everything is backed up.

I am still hopefull they are wrong. But just in case, I am backing up everything and looking for others like me that are trying to find a way to fix it. If you don't have a serial number that starts with W8...you may be in luck, it is supposed to just be a video problem.

Good luck.

Sep 4, 2013 6:56 AM in response to Jonny Broome

Hi guy's thanks for the reply and any advise.

i recently went to the store where i brought my mac...they are aware of this problem...they said i have to take my mac in and they are going to change the display under warrenty. they said they had a few people already in the store with the same problem so its a common problem. bit sad for apple i have to say! but im still very happy with the change from windows to apple...it made me and my family's live so much easier. why did i wasted all this time on windows before!? anyway...cheers

Imac 2013 screen/pixel of previous displayed image/application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.