Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 will not charge?

I've had my iphone 5 since November and in July it started acting strangly. When I pluged it into the charger in the wall it wouldn't connect. I bought a new cord and it worked perfectly for about 2 months and now it won't work either. The only way my phone can charge is when I plug it into my car charger. It also will not connect to my laptop when I plug it in so I cannot sync it. What do I do?

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 9:02 AM

4 replies

Sep 2, 2013 10:01 AM in response to duffyee

I would take it to an Apple Store or Authorized Service Center. I would have said check you cord but you've already done that and the replacement worked well for a period. You can try to blow out any dust or debris such as pocket lint that may have accumulated indies the charge port and could prevent a good connection. Here is a link with some other ideas.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2802

Others on the forum may have something else you can try first but I would wait too long.

iphone 5 will not charge?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.