Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo mail sent through Mail app do not appear when login into Yahoo mail

Hi everybody,

I have a problem that annoying me very much. I've used Yahoomail for very long before I bought a MBA. For the first time I use Mac OSX, I try to use Mac mail combine with my old Yahoo mail. Actually, I have done the config. But anything I do with my Yahoo mail through Mail app can't appear when I login into original Yahoo mail. For example: I sent a Yahoo mail through Mac mail, it's shown that the mail was sent sucessfully, but when I try to login into Yahoo mail on Web, the sent mail doesn't exist. And the same happen when I do the opposite: the mail I sent on Yahoo mail doesn't exist on Mac mail. It's a big trouble if I use other lap and try to contact with someone. So is there any solution can fix it?

Many thanks🙂

Mac OS X (10.7.5), Mail synchronization

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 10:19 AM

5 replies

Feb 23, 2014 5:21 AM in response to Darelord

I'm having the same problem, and the only help I ever seem to find suggested anywhere is "make sure its set up as an IMAP account"

BUT it is! Mail automaticly sets all yahoo accounts up as IMAP. So is this just a yahoo problem? Is there anyway to fix this?

For me the bigger issue isnt that I need to be able to check my e-mail through a web browser regulerly, but on my Iphone and Ipad the account, which is through the mail app, also dosnt show sent mail sent through the mac app.

I agree this makes mail on my mac totally usless.

Yahoo mail sent through Mail app do not appear when login into Yahoo mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.