Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get my laptop to see hardrive on airport extreme?

I have an external hard drive connected to my airport extreme. I am having trouble mapping to the hard drive. Any suggestions??

airport extreme-OTHER, Windows XP

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 10:26 AM

5 replies

Sep 2, 2013 12:51 PM in response to Tesserax

this is a serious issue that Apple refused to address with firmware update...my 4 HDs worked fine with the previosu AE..as soon as I updated to AC (latest version), the external HDs as well as Brother laser printer no longer worked...

Again, all wroked well before, now, not working..was wiorking before, not working now...important point...

HDs were formatted to journal mode, they are accessible by direct USB conection to my Air...But with the latest AE, all the good functionalites are gone..my Air no loger sees the HDs and I am unbale to print wirelessly..

All HDs and printer were hooked to a powered USB port, then to AE..In order to eliminate USB hub, I hooked them up one by one directly yo AEac, still I am unable to see them..none of the previous posts on this form resolved this issue...

Instead of being an asset, AE AC became a liability...I am reading all types of customer posts on here, but none really addresses in a way that puts the burden to Apple...All solutions are pro-Apple to whitewash the issue..

lately I feel like I am dealing with Windows and Microsoft..Someone in Apple needs to take us seriously and address this from firmware point of view..

Dec 1, 2013 2:36 AM in response to slick688

I have a similar problem and I am getting seriously annoyed....

OK my situation is this:

Airport wireless network is set up fine, using my BT wireless broadband router as a modem with its wireless turned off, works fine.

Connected USB drive to Airport and can see it listed under Disks in airport Utility but can't find it in Windows (using W7). Checked blogs etc on internet and all point towards having to reformat my drive as HFS+ partition as Apple doesn't recognise NTFS. Soooo,,, backed up USB drive, reformatted used Transmac (took me ages to find a way to HFS format using Windows, typical Apple arrogance for not making this utility widely available!!). Did this successfully, restored my data and guess what, still can't see the drive in Windows even though the Airport Utility still sees it....HELP!!! I'm going nuts here ;-(

how do i get my laptop to see hardrive on airport extreme?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.