Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

URGENT ISSUE WITH MY IPAD. PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS YOU SEE THIS!!

I have completely disabled my ipad, and my son has taken my computer that I use to sync my ipad on holiday with him. So I'm using my friends macbook to unlock it, but I can't. How can I solve this problem?

iPad, UNKNOWN OPERATING SYSTEM

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 1:06 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2013 1:09 PM in response to FBrown355

You have to use recovery mode if you want to unlock it and you will lose everything on your iPad if you do this. You can download your content again as long as you use the same Apple ID, but that will take some time, I'm sure.

Recovery Mode.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4097

Recovery Mode Instructions

• Disconnect the USB cable from the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
  • Turn off iPad: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for iPad to turn off.
  • If you cannot turn off iPad using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the iPad turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to iPad. When you reconnect the USB cable, iPad should power on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears you can release the Home button.
  • If necessary, open iTunes. You should see the recovery mode alert that iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Use iTunes to restore iPad.

URGENT ISSUE WITH MY IPAD. PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS YOU SEE THIS!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.