Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sync certain iCal events through 10.7 to iCloud

I am unable to sync "certain" iCal events from my MacBook Air (10.7.5) and iCloud ... which, unfortunately, doesn't allow my iCal event to get to either my other MacBook Pro, iPhones or those to whom I'm attempting to inform of events. Specifically these events have an attachment (Add file) and a "Show in Mail" URL. Now ... iCal automatically loads these two additional attachments when capturing an event off an email.

Bottom Line: Do I need to ensure iCal and Mac Mail NEVER do this, or is there a way to allow these events to be passed through iCloud? Inquiring minds ...

MacBook Pro (17-inch 2.4 GHz), Mac OS X (10.7.4), 8G RAM

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 3:26 PM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2013 7:10 AM in response to Dominick Issi

Hello Dominick Issi,

It is definitely hard to stay on schedule if the calendars on your devices stop syncing. I recommend reviewing the articles below to troubleshoot iCloud calendar syncing issues:

iCloud: Using and troubleshooting Calendar attachments

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5373

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Calendar

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3999

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Sep 4, 2013 9:21 PM in response to sheila_m.

Actually ... one of the supervising techs (Scott) finally got on the line with me. It seems that (somehow) my Macbook Air re-established it's "calendars" on the harddrive. For some (unknown) reason it decided to link that particular event to the HD calendar vs linking it to iCloud ... the very reason it would NOT allow the ical event to synch from the computer HD to any of my iOS devices OR my other computer's HD. It pays to occasionally drop down the "Calendars" from the Left Hand Side of the iCal "Calendars" to ensure one is working ONLY in iCloud if calendar events are needed to be shared. Who'd a thunk?!

PS> I'm taking my Macbook Air and iPhone 5 to the Apple store to have the USB ports checked for charging errors. Seems I get occasional, "USB device is requiring too much power" and "USB port shutting down" warnings, along with occasional CPU shutdowns. This MAY have caused some software malfunction within iCal to occur ... or not! :-)

Unable to sync certain iCal events through 10.7 to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.