Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking to reassign a couple of playback shortcuts

I have searched but no answer to this yet but I figure it is possible 🙂 I want to change a couple of shortcuts for playing songs in ITunes. I do have the latest version.

1. Option+Command+right or left arrow.........change to right or left arrow.

While playing a song, this makes it skip back or forward a few seconds while continuing to play the song. Another way of doing it is holding F7 or F8, but for my purposes I need to be able to simply hit the arrow quickly to do this. Cool thing about it too, is that it will make it possible to hit it a few times quickly go farther (tested it with option+command+right or left arrow). I have had this arrow feature on another player in the past and loved it.

2. Left arrow......change to the letter "x"

Left arrow brings back to beginning of song. Hopefully the left arrow is going to be changed anyways (see #1), so I am looking to change it to "x"

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 6:12 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2013 6:30 PM in response to marcrobi

I did learn that keyboard shortcuts can be changed through System Preferences-Keyboard-Application Shortcuts and add the change BUT I did not find these shortcuts in the ITunes menus (?). If I did find these in the upper menu I could change them in the System Preferences (see menu above) by typing in EXACTLY what the shortcut says on the menu then reassign the shortcut.

Maybe it is still possible to do it through Application Shortcuts? I looked in the Controls menu but no avail. In any event, I figure if there is a shortcut, it can be reassigned somehow.

Looking to reassign a couple of playback shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.