Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's a good web design software to use with hype.

I didn't have luck with sandvox, rapid weaver, or highway. It seems that iWeb is gone and im trying to transition into a diffrent html5 compatible web software. I would like to learn web coding but for now i need a quick and efficiant transsition. I've came across Hype and its great but iWeb can use it. I would love to hear some suggestions on what everyone else is using (not including previously mentioned apps).

iWeb '08, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 11:47 PM

No, iWeb has not gone anywhere. It is correct that Apple no longer sells it or supports it, but iWeb is an application like any other on your mac and if you have it you can most definitely still continue to use it. It works with Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion and by all accounts, it will work with the new Mavericks too.

You can do a search of this site and there are literally hundreds of posts on the same topic of new web design software, but you can take a look at Flux 4, Freeway Pro/Express 6, WebAcappella 4 and Quck n Easy Website Builder. Other than that, you are then looking at Content Management Systems such as Joomla and WordPress.

You can also take a look at EasyWeb which is a new app being developed by Rage Software - it has not been released yet and is still in its beta testing stage, but this is closer to iWeb than most.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2013 11:47 PM in response to Drif7er

No, iWeb has not gone anywhere. It is correct that Apple no longer sells it or supports it, but iWeb is an application like any other on your mac and if you have it you can most definitely still continue to use it. It works with Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion and by all accounts, it will work with the new Mavericks too.

You can do a search of this site and there are literally hundreds of posts on the same topic of new web design software, but you can take a look at Flux 4, Freeway Pro/Express 6, WebAcappella 4 and Quck n Easy Website Builder. Other than that, you are then looking at Content Management Systems such as Joomla and WordPress.

You can also take a look at EasyWeb which is a new app being developed by Rage Software - it has not been released yet and is still in its beta testing stage, but this is closer to iWeb than most.

Sep 3, 2013 2:13 AM in response to Drif7er

There is also RapidWeaver, though I don't know about html5 there: however none of these programs can import your website from the iWeb data file. Anything which allows full access to the html (which some of them don't, RapidWeaver included) would allow you to edit the iWeb-created pages in theory, but in practice you would find it extremely difficult as the coding is pretty obscure and heavily reliant on external css and javascript files.

iWeb '08 is not compatible with Mountain Lion; iWeb '09 is and you may still be able to get iLife '09 or '11 from retailers other than Apple.

Sep 3, 2013 2:41 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks Mr. Roger, they have iweb in 09' and 11'? I will have to look into that, I have 08' and it's running on and older Mac with Lion. Im thinking of upgrading Macs next year and would love to continue using iWeb if Mavericks can still run it. I dont mind redoing the my website, its the whole learning process thats such a drag. -_-''

Sep 3, 2013 6:25 AM in response to Drif7er

Yes, iWeb 09 is part of iLife 09 as well as iLife 11, because it was never updated along with iDVD, so the same iWeb 09, was included as part of both the iLife 09 and 11 packages.

For iWeb to continue to work, you will need to upgrade from iWeb 08 to iWeb 09 and you can buy either the boxed set of iLife 09 or 11 from Amazon and then install it on your new Mac. It needs to be iWeb 09 though, as iWeb 08 won't work.

What's a good web design software to use with hype.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.