Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 Won't Restore Or Turn On! HELP!!

So 4 days ago my iPhone screen wouldnt turn on, my music was playing and i simply wanted to turn it off. I did what i would normally do if my iPhone froze. When i pressed the Home + Power at the same time it did turn off, but never turned back on. I eventually just left it on the charger plugged into my PC..after a few HOURS (yes HOURS) my iPhone showed it was still "alive". It had an Apple Logo with a blue screen.. with small black lines. I let it stay that way for 6 Hours and it just shut off and when i attempted to turn it on it gave me a low battery warning, I plugged it in, and it charges, turn on Hours Later, Eventually I stumbled upon the DFU Mode idea, i tried to restore through DFU mode but once itunes got to the "Prepairing iphone for restore" it would mess up.... It would say this about 3 times, loading bars would complete and ultimately it would give me an Error 1602. Now don't give me any links directing me on what to do when 1602 is shown. Ive tried EVERYTHING! A different computer, Port, Charger... nothing works. Verizon "Tuh" wouldnt replace my iPhone due to the fact that it has a line or crack horizontally through the screen. it's been there since March..Yet somehow my warrenty is totally voided and i won't be getting my iphone replaced. To end this... i need help, from anyone. I don't want to go 1 month w/o a phone. I work and goto school..it'll be the hardest thing for me.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 9:37 PM

5 replies

Sep 2, 2013 10:48 PM in response to cj2009cj

The cracked screen may have not had any effect on the iPhone immediately but most likely it has taken its toll and resulted in the issue you are having now. If you tried a different computer then that would suggest the fault is with the iPhone itself, if a restore does not help or work then there is no other choice but to take your iPhone in to get replaced.

iPhone 4 Won't Restore Or Turn On! HELP!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.