Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My brand new 13 inch retina display macbook pro won't turn on!?

Hello all,

I purchased a 13inch retina display macbook pro from an apple store at around 4pm today and at about 10pm (after I have been doing nothing more than downloading software and surfing the internet off of the power adapter) it randomly shut off as I was reading from my pdf math text book. I assumed it had died so I plugged it in and tried to turn it back on it turned right back on and went to the login screen. I barely had enough time to look and see that my laptop was at 40% power and charging before it shut off again and refused to turn back on. It does not respond in any way to the power button (visual or fans whirring etc.) and I currently have it charging up on my bed. It acknowledges the charger (going from a brief green light to the amber) and I have tried resetting the SMC multiple times by now. When I do so the light turns green for a moment and then returns to amber.

I am beyond furious, school starts tomorrow and I was really hoping my first personal laptop and first mac would come through for me. I hope someone out there can help and restore my faith.

Cheers,
Danny

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 2, 2013 10:01 PM

7 replies

Sep 10, 2014 9:49 PM in response to Lookinsharrp

I Have this issue as weLl. I have used my notebook for last 6 months and don't want yo lose the data. I have done SMC reset and it won't make a difference. the notebook has turned into a brick with no signs of turningon, boot, fans etc. what can I do other than take it to apple store? Is there any way to reset battery externally? Definitely not happy with experience.

My brand new 13 inch retina display macbook pro won't turn on!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.