Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I assign different styles?

This seems like a stupid question but I can't find an answer. How do I assign the different levels (ie Body Level 1, Body level 2, Title text)? Is there some sort of style panel I'm missing? The Master slides have the different levels listed but I don't see any way to select between them. I hope this makes sense, basically how do I tell my piece of text whether it's a heading or body or title? It's unrealistic to have a separate text box for each style change.

If I use 'paste copy style', will it then auto-update all instances if I alter the original copy style or do I have to paste the new style to every bit of text manually? Seems mad. I don't really use Powerpoint and am more familiar with Indesign.

Thanks for any help. =) Leah

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 12:20 AM

2 replies

Sep 3, 2013 3:29 AM in response to Lalbert

How do I assign the different levels (ie Body Level 1, Body level 2, Title text)?

Those are PowerPoint terms and features, Keynote uses a different method:

use navigator view (view > navigator)

create a new slide (slide > new slide)

click on the slide master button in the tool bar to display the master slide options

select the slide master you want

for example, to use the bullets master; double click on the text to enter the first line and use enter key to create a new bulleted line

for each new slide, repeat the procedure.

Oct 10, 2013 10:01 AM in response to Lalbert

If I understand your situation, you have a master slide where you styled the various levels of the default body text box.

Once you have styled them (you can also remove the default bullet points if they don't fit your needs), apply the master to your slide and use the TAB on the keyboard to move to the next style, SHIFT+TAB to go back to the previous one.

Hope this helps!

How do I assign different styles?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.