Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4 dock connector won't connect to an fm dock, charges and connects to itunes ok.

Hey all,

As the title say my iphone will hook up just fine to iTunes and charge everything but an FM dock won' reconise that it is plugged in. It will still charge through that device but the dock won't recognise that it can play music. If I plug another device suck as an ipod the dock will recognise it and play music.

I can play music through the headphone jack no problem, it's just the 30 pin.

I gave it a clean and it free from dirt and grime, can anyone offer any help or does the connector need to be replaced?

Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 3:21 AM

11 replies

Sep 7, 2013 2:00 AM in response to sandj1990

Sandj1990,

Have you had any further developments with these problems?

I understand where you are coming from as I have the same problem and being told it is the accessory is not greatly helpful because in some cases it it not.

I have an iPhone 4, my wife has an iPhone 4. Same updates and same software information however my iPhone does not play music through our docking station but her phone does without a problem.

I get an 'accessory is not supported' warning show on my phone. Is there anything that I need to download to the phone to resolve this problem?

There is only one difference on the phone, she has a 'sharing widget' and that is the only difference before anyone says otherwise, I have had the phones side by side and gone through every setting option to ensure the phones are in the same running state, we are even on the same network so I mean everything (baring individual identification codes) are the same.

Can any help?

Thanks

K

Mar 25, 2014 9:28 PM in response to sandj1990

I have had the same problem "accesory not supported" in my JVC dock harness in car.. This was back when I had iphone 3 and 1st gen ipod touch, and took into apple store the guy reset to older software or something not really sure but it worked. I am dealing with this again as my touch was stolen and trying to play with ip 4. I really wish I remember what he did. Any ideas?

My iphone 4 dock connector won't connect to an fm dock, charges and connects to itunes ok.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.