Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing PNGs in book

Hi all,

I'm currenty working on a wedding album for a client, and have decided to have it published using iPhoto's book ordering system. The pages I've designed include a mixture of JPEG files and PNGs. The PNGs had no backgrounds when I created them is PS, but now I'm importing them to the book project in iPhoto, some of them are being displayed with black backgrounds, others with translucent black backgrounds and others with no background at all. In the screen cap below, you can see how three images, all backgroundless PNGs, have changed in iPhoto. The odd thing is that when I re-size the window, or enter full screen, the backgrounds change. It seems to be the biggest images are completely backgroundless, the medium sized ones have translucent backgrounds (as in the screen cap), and the smaller ones have solid black backgrounds.

User uploaded file

When the book is printed, what will happen to the background on the photos?

Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 9:36 AM

How did you create the png files? There must be something different between the smaller images and the larger. Are they from different sources or created by different apps?

To see how it will print Control-click on the page and select Preview Book in the contextual menu:

User uploaded file

Create a pdf file of the book and check for errors before ordering. Save the pdf file to compare with the printed version when you receive it.

OT

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2013 9:36 AM in response to Brice Munn

How did you create the png files? There must be something different between the smaller images and the larger. Are they from different sources or created by different apps?

To see how it will print Control-click on the page and select Preview Book in the contextual menu:

User uploaded file

Create a pdf file of the book and check for errors before ordering. Save the pdf file to compare with the printed version when you receive it.

OT

Printing PNGs in book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.