Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bug: copy paste a sequence

Hi!

Something weird happened to me on final cut:

I was copying a part of my sequence on another sequence (which has the exact same format). It seemed to work, but actually some of the images are gone (there are tiny holes, like a few seconds black, in different part of the new sequence)... I can't find out where that comes from...

Do you have an idea?

Thanks!

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 8:54 AM

5 replies

Sep 3, 2013 11:24 AM in response to CMarinette

Which one is right? You need to copy and paste the wrong sequence into the right one...and then manually fix all the gaps. Sorry, but that's the only way. As Michael said, you cannot change the frame rate of an existing sequence, you'll need to make a sequence that matches what your needs are, what the footage is...and then copy and paste the bad sequence into that...and manually fix it.

The first hint that something is amiss is if you have any sort of render bar. You shouldn't have one at all if you do things right. If you add a clip to a sequence, and you need to render, then something doesn't match, and you need to fix it now. otherwise you are stuck where you are stuck right now.

bug: copy paste a sequence

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.