Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to replace my cracked screen? - ipad mini

ok, so I know there are tons of discussions about how to replace a cracked screen DIY, and how the out of warranty replacement costs works and prices, etc..

But, my questions is do I really need to replace it if it otherwise is working ok? i.e., is there something else that oculd be wrong with it, or something else that could happen later that I really need to. It doesn't really affect screen viewing, just stares at me when screen is locked and makes me angry. ipad mini in a xdoria smart cover case dropped about a foot flat on front.

both pictures below show the ipad in the same position. can't really tell crack when screen is on. a little obvsious when screen is flat on table and i'm trying to type (can see fractured light a little).

can physically feel crack on the surface.

only had it a month, can't even blame the kids, **** it!

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPad

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 10:05 AM

4 replies

Sep 20, 2013 12:58 PM in response to Chris CA

Thanks guys! Well, when I opened up the cover to show the Genius Bar dude, another crack had appeared since the above photo. ***A gorilla glass nerd later explained to me how this could happen while we were at a party.***

Short story - apparently the crack did cause more problems as more cracks showed up (though still worked okay). Apple did end up replacing it for me, yay! small victories.

Do I need to replace my cracked screen? - ipad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.