Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my @me.com adress isn't recognized by non-apple forums

when registering at some non-apple forums with my @me.com address i have not been able to receive email from them, such as to activate my account. why is that and is there anything i can do about it?

q

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 10:12 AM

What happens if you send yourself a message to your @me.com address? Did you migrate your iCloud account from MobileMe, or create it from scratch - and if the latter, was this before or after the @icloud.com address was introduced last Autumn? Does the @icloud.com address work?

7 replies

Sep 4, 2013 4:32 PM in response to qfalconer

what do i do if apple is blocking them? i don't think the problem is on the forum end, since this has happened to me with my @me.com address with multiple forums. one i just gave up on, and another the admin had to manually activate my account.

is it my email client (i use mail from my os10.7, but haven't found the emails in my junk folder) that is blocking these emails from forums (and these are legitimate forums, like gardenweb...) or is it icloud isp?

q

Sep 4, 2013 11:12 PM in response to qfalconer

If it's been caused by the spam trap on iCloud then all you can do is notify Support, though I've no idea whether it's likely they will do anything.

To contact iCloud Support: if you currently happen to have AppleCare, either because you recently bought Apple hardware or have paid to extend the inititial period, you can contact them here:

http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/contact/

You will need the serial number of the covered hardware.

If you are not covered by AppleCare, then - in common with other free email services - there is no free support and you may be asked to pay a fee. You may be able to argue that they are causing this problem and you shouldn't be charged.

my @me.com adress isn't recognized by non-apple forums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.