Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

capture phone conversation

Hi'

I would like to capture the messages recorded in my Bell phone responder and transfer it to a USB Key. Is there a way to do that easely with OS X 8x or a program that I can download.

Thanks.

Robert

PowerBook g4, Mac OS X (10.4.4), Titanium

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 12:49 PM

If the device has a standard audio output (ie, a 1/8-inch audio jack), then you can input that into your Mac and use any audio recording program to save the conversation. One I'd recommend in this case is QuickTime Player, which has a simple and intuitive interface for making an audio recording.

3 replies

Sep 3, 2013 2:41 PM in response to Topher Kessler

Tanks Mr. Hessler.

The device is a standard telephone, without any specific connection ports. Bell Canada answer and store the message leave by the caller. I call my message box and listen to the message that I can repeat, save or delete.

If I play the message and record it with the mac's mic we lose the quality and this is no good to present in court.

So I need a program to connect to my phone and record the message. Before it was possible because there was a phone connector on every Mac and we were able to record the conversation via the mac. Now it's no more possible I think.

I appreciate your answer even if this not solve my problem directly.

If you know another way to do that, it will be very appreciate.

Thanks

Robert,

capture phone conversation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.