Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some apps don't work on 3G

I have an iPhone 4 and some of my apps like Instagram, Tumblr and iFunny dont work on 3G- as in without wifi but some apps do work like snapchat, facebook, twitter and whatsapp. Is this a problem with the apps or with my network or something? What should I do? Please help!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 1:12 PM

3 replies

Sep 3, 2013 1:34 PM in response to rachel_Adepoju

Strange. It shouldn't make a difference what the app is. They shouldn't be filtering anything so far as I know.

Try Settings>General>Resets>Reset Network Settings.

If that doesn't work, you may want to try restoring your phone.

The next step would be to restore it as a new phone and set it up from scratch, but I think I'd contact Vodafone and ask them to check the provisioning on the account first.

Some apps don't work on 3G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.