Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hdcp test to confirm 1080p display

Was hoping there was a simple and easy to find test video that will confirm if my system can display 1080p.

Windows 7

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 3:02 PM

4 replies

Sep 5, 2013 7:04 AM in response to Nolehace

Hey Nolehace,

I'm not sure about a test video, but the following document goes over minimum system requirements for HD 1080p content and if you meet those you'll be fine:

iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD videos

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3209

Windows system requirements for HD 1080p1 content:

• 32 or 64-bit version of Windows 7; Windows XP and Vista do not support HDCP
  • iTunes 10.6 or later
  • 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor
  • At least 2 GB of RAM
  • A video driver that supports HDCP, such as an Intel GMA X4500HD, ATI Radeon HD 2400, Nvidia GeForce 8300 GS, or better (you may need to check with the manufacturer to determine if your video driver supports HDCP)
  • A display that supports HDCP with a screen resolution of 1280 x 800 or higher with a digital connection (DVI, DisplayPort, or HDMI)

If your computer does not meet all of the above requirements, you will be unable to view HD 1080p content from the iTunes Store.

Have a great day,

Delgadoh

Feb 9, 2014 2:50 PM in response to Delgadoh

Hi, I must agree with nolehace: a test video using HDCP must be made and made easily found. There are too many unknowns here, and iTunes movie play is the actual test whether the things gonna fl or not - no matter which screens, connections, cards and drivers you got.

I believe that Apple's customers, who pay extra to treat themselves with an HD experience, feel cheated, when the movie does not play at all.

I think the system requirements above are unusable for ordinary users to determine if things will work; they cannot translate the system requirements to their specific configuration, and they cannot for sure say if iunes is gonne approve until the actually bought an HD film (and after an hour of meddling and downloading the SD version, they still feel cheated.

Please provide a test film or trailer with HDCP protection to download and play through iTunes, thanks.

Jun 9, 2014 8:20 AM in response to Nolehace

Amen . . . my system exceeds those requirements.

My WINTEL system clearly states both the card and the display are HDCP-capable ( per NVIDA Control Panel )

Yet iTunes will NOT play all HD movies ( ironic . . . some work, some do not - go figure that one out now ).

Clearly the WINTEL OS knows what it is doing over iTunes.

So why isn't iTunes checking with the WINTEL OS - bottom line : Windows iTunes doesn't work.

hdcp test to confirm 1080p display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.