Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a windows 8 computer that is not connecting with my time capsule wifi. my other macs and windows 7 systems do connect. is this a firmware update glitch? any suggestions?

I have a windows 8 computer that is connecting poorly via wifi and my Apple time capsule to the internet. My IMac an another windows 7 based computer are connecting fine. This started 6 days ago. And, the windows 8 machine connects well via a hard Cat-5 connection to the time capsule (I'm using that now) and worked well on a wireless netgrear system over the weekend.

I'm thinking an automatic firmware update may have caused this or perhaps i need the time capsule to use something other than a default address. Those are just guesses, but I could sure use some help. Thank you.

Apple Time Capsule-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 2:05 PM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2013 7:09 PM in response to RMG400

It is hard to figure where the issue is..

Certainly if windows updated the wireless driver that can mess things up no end..

What update happened 6days ago?

What TC do you have.. ?? If it is flat one and you updated to 7.6.4 do a factory reset and reconfigure.

If that doesn't work roll the firmware back to 7.6.1 or even 7.5.2 as these are generally superior to windows.

There is no update for TC gen5 yet.

i have a windows 8 computer that is not connecting with my time capsule wifi. my other macs and windows 7 systems do connect. is this a firmware update glitch? any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.