Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off automatic date and time detection in Reminders

This seems simple but I can't figure out how to do it. Is there any way to turn off the automatic date and time detection / conversion in Reminders in Mountain Lion? i.e. the thing that will turn text containing things like "10A" into a reminder for 10 AM. It's probably wrong 95% of the time for me, based on some unusual strings I tend to use, and it's becoming pretty annoying.

Posted on Sep 3, 2013 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2017 11:26 AM

Four years and several OS updates later, this seems to be a persistent problem that Apple considers somehow helpful rather than annoying. My way of getting around it is spelling out the times and dates in a foreign language, e.g., Italian. It can still detect words like "sabato" (Saturday) and it will highlight the following Saturday in the little drop-down calendar as a suggested day, but it doesn't arbitrarily override my entry, thus allowing me to designate all the data to my liking.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2017 11:26 AM in response to sterculus

Four years and several OS updates later, this seems to be a persistent problem that Apple considers somehow helpful rather than annoying. My way of getting around it is spelling out the times and dates in a foreign language, e.g., Italian. It can still detect words like "sabato" (Saturday) and it will highlight the following Saturday in the little drop-down calendar as a suggested day, but it doesn't arbitrarily override my entry, thus allowing me to designate all the data to my liking.

Turn off automatic date and time detection in Reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.